DUTCH-BMX-SQUAD Interview Greg Hill 14-01-2010

Dutch Bmx Squad

DUTCH-BMX-SQUAD Interview Greg Hill 14-01-2010

Post by Dutch Bmx Squad » 15-01-2010 09:53

[color=orange] Na ongeveer 6 weken op dit interview gewacht te hebben, kreeg ik verleden week een email van Greg dat hij
deze week tijd had om het interview te doen, sterker nog... hij gaf me zelfs zn telefoonnummer om het te bespreken :shock:
Super aardige gast en ik moest iedereen die meewerkt aan dit forum nog extra bedanken!
We wensen hem al het geluk toe in 2010 en nogmaals "Thanks for taking part of the interview Greg!!
**********************************************************************************************************************************

Hi Greg,

First of all we want to thank you for being part of this interview for our new forum
in Holland. Its really an honour to have you among us and on our forum that’s made and build by
Dutch BMX Bikers and called : “DUTCH-BMX-SQUAD”

Here we go,

How long have you been racing and what year did you start and how old were you?
Greg: I started racing in September of 1974, raced non st op until end of 1990 and then have raced off and on up until about 1 1/2 years ago.

How did you get into BMX racing?
Greg: I used to ride my bike all the time around my neighborhood and at jumping spots around my house.
My good buddy Tim was racing and invited me out one night to watch, after that night my life changed.

Where was/is your local track and how often did/do you ride there?
Greg: My local track back in the day was WSA, it is now gone and my local track that I go to now is Simi Valley,
it is 30 minutes from my home and I teach a class every Monday evening.

Who was your toughest competition besides Stu?
Greg: Anthony Sewell (RIP brother) Brent Patterson, Brian Patterson, Harry, Brackens, Ellis and on and on every single person
on that gate was my competition and I had to work my tail off to beat them.

Where could someone find you when youre not at your local track or riding your bike?
Greg: Probably relaxing with my wife, we like to sit and chat, watch TV and just hang out.

What was your most memorable moment in racing?
Greg: December 27, 1983, ESPN finals.. I won the Pro class winning the series title and went straight to the hospital
to see my first son Gregory be born..Priceless moment in time.

Do you still have some bikes and what souvenirs have you kept from your old riding days?
Greg: I have some parts, items like plates and other things but really the best thing I have is what my mother left me when she passed,
she had been collecting all my pictures, results out of mags, you name it she saved it..3 lar ge scrap books filled with my career,
it is unreal to look through...Thanks Mom!

Greg: Thank you, you rock! Say hello to all the BMX guy's at the bmx-forum for me.

DBS: Thank you very much for this interview, we all wish you the very best in the near future!
It was really an honour to talk to you, Greg!

“All the Best”
The Dutch-BMX-Squad Team
At http://www.bmx-forum.nl [/color]
become member of the "DUTCH-BMX-SQUAD" at http://www.dutchbmxsquad.nl